Friday, June 8, 2007

KD Rouse songwriter

I began this blog as KD Rouse Songwriter and lately all I can talk about is KD Rouse: Painter.
In the books I've read about success, it seems to take a single minded focus on one thing---one!
But songs are stories are paintings are songs.
I can't choose the face I present to the world.
Each medium is too precious to me!
So I have grown as a multi-faceted artist, lumbering like a giant amoeba, trying to bring all of us along. Songwriter, writer, painter....its all the same but different.
Despite publicly cursing my gifts, and having to learn when to cry for help, I see that I am actually living the life that I dared to dream over 20 years ago when my choir director, Isabelle, (Audrie's mother!) took me to Hardees and gave me an assignment.
I was to write a description of my life in 5 and 10 years, how I wished it would be, daring to dream. When I returned with my "homework" she didn't even read it. She said, "Oh, no, that's for you," with a laugh.
I had a future of my children laughing, unafraid in a home without violence. I saw myself, devoted to my children, as well as to a life in pursuit of truth and beauty, to music, art, and writing.
What turned out to be a letter to myself, opened my eyes.
So many things in a journey add up to where you find yourself.
My assignment from Isabelle, to write a 5 year/10year visionary plan, could seem like a mere detail when all is said and done, but it was a life changing milestone for me.
She was also responsible for my first singing of solos in public places, and finishing up my college degree at UNC-G, which both did great things for my morale. Scholarships, grants and loans made not only education possible, but helped with the transition from full time stay at home mother to head of household/student/waitress. I lost track of Isabelle. I blame it on the letter that started my new life!
I'd probably be too cowardly to do it all again, knowing what I know about what it took to be sitting here, but I'm glad it's happened this way this once.
My life is a fairy tale, and it's going to keep getting better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL 台北酒店經紀人 ,酒店經紀 酒店兼差PRETTY GIRL酒店公關 酒店小姐 彩色爆米花酒店兼職,酒店工作 彩色爆米花禮服店, 酒店上班,酒店工作 PRETTY GIRL酒店喝酒酒店上班 彩色爆米花台北酒店酒店小姐 PRETTY GIRL酒店上班酒店打工PRETTY GIRL酒店打工酒店經紀 彩色爆米花

Anonymous said...

最近吃了好多東西真的該減肥
上禮拜去台中買了好多飾品
台中有好多的飾品批發工廠,好想去批回來賣,

不知誰可以教我,在回來的路上也有看到情趣用品工廠,
網路上賣這不知好不好賣,最近做服飾批發的也很多,
前天一個朋友老婆外遇,要我幫忙找徵信社
有沒有認識的朋友可以介紹下那一間好,我剛在網上找到一間女裝批發不知這家貨品質如何

Anonymous said...

視訊,免費視訊,煙火,煙火工廠,煙火批發,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,節慶鞭炮,傳統蜂炮,情趣用品,情趣用品,煙火,煙火,煙火,視訊,正妹視訊,真愛密碼,真愛密碼,衣蝶,衣蝶,情趣,情趣,AV女優,AV女優